The church sitting on Piazza di Santa Maria del Carmine contains the Cappella Brancacci. Its construction took around 200 years and its frescoes were painted by Masaccio, one of the most important artists of the early Italian Renaissance. Its central panel, Adoration of the Magi, is on display at the Staatliche Museum in Berlin. The Church of Santa Maria del Carmine has a medieval structure. Its sides have preserved part of its original Romanesque Gothic plan. The facade has remained unfinished and the bell tower was burnt down in 1771, a fire which did not reach the Cappella Brancacci.