Originally the Chiesa degli Ognissanti,dedicated to all saints, was included in a group of related monastic buildings established in the 13th century by the Milanese Order of the Umiliati. The Order is believed to have established the wool industry of Florence. The Umiliatti soon attracted donations for the construction of the church from many Florentines because of their simple lifestyle and dedication to charity. The building was started in 1252 and finished three years later. However, in the 1600´s, the church was completely remodelled in the Baroque style and was one of the first churches of this style in Florence. The church features many beautful frescoes and pieces of architecture.