Chiesa Santa Trinità sits on Piazza Trinità, to the north of the Arno River and is located in front of the magnificent Palazzo Bartolini Salimbeni. Built in the 11th century by the Vallombrosian monks, the church was remodelled many times throughout the centuries.
The Sassetti Cappella was commissioned by banker Francesco Sassetti in 1480 and finished five years later. The chapel features frescoes by Domenico Ghirlandaio that are themed after the life of Saint Francis. Francesco Sassetti and his wife lie in the sarcophagi here. Other chapels feature artwork about the lives of Saint Catherine, Saint Peter, and Mary.