Palazzo Pucci (Via dei Pucci, 6) sits off Via Cavour linking it to Piazza San Marco. In spite of numerous restorations, the palace keeps most of the original style: the ground floor with original stone pavement, a large central window, and the Pucci family emblem. There is also a large courtyard whose entrance is adorned by a lofty gate. Both the courtyard and the ground floor are open to the public.
The Pucci were an ancient Tuscan family with great influence for centuries due to banking and trading. They were also important patrons of the arts. Antonio Pucci commissioned Sandro Botticelli in 1483 to create four panels in celebration of the wedding of his son.. Three of panels are now displayed in the Museo del Prado, while the fourth is in a private collection. Emilio Pucci, marquis of Barsento, designer and politician, is perhaps the most famous Pucci of modern times. He had a very successful career as a designer, with famous stars like Princess Grace of Monaco, Jacqueline Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe all wearing his designs as wll as staying in the Palazzo Pucci. At present 29 boutiques with the trade name are scattered throughout the world. Il Ritrovo, the restaurant housed in the ancient cellar of the palazzo, is an exquisite location where exclusive clientele can enjoy some of the best cuisine in the world.